The last thing you need after a long flight is to exit your terminal and have to wait for a driver. Or even worse, have to wait for other passengers who you will also have to drop off at different hotels.
With a private transfer, you won’t have all these delays eating into your precious vacation time in Cancun. Instead, you will find your driver waiting for you, ready to get you to your hotel quickly and comfortably.
Read on for the ultimate guide on transportation from Cancun Airport.
How Do I Get From Cancun Airport to My Hotel or Resort?
Here is a list of transportation options you may use to get from Cancun Airport to your hotel or resort:
- Hotel Shared Shuttles: This is the most popular and economical mode of transportation from Cancun Airport to hotels. Official hotel shared shuttles are available all day from Cancun Airport to all major hotels in Cancun and beyond. You will need to reserve your shuttle in advance. Price is per person, which makes hotel shared shuttles ideal for solo travelers and couples who don’t mind sharing or making stops along the way.
- Airport Taxis: Although it is impossible to hail down a regular taxi from Cancun Airport, there is a taxi-like service available for passengers heading to any location in Cancun and beyond. Airport taxi services are available all day, with fares calculated depending on the distance to your destination. Airport taxis provide the cheapest “private” mode of transportation from Cancun Airport.
- Private Transfers: Private transfers are the most convenient means of getting to hotels in Cancun. Private transfer services are available all day and are ideal for travelers who need to get from Cancun Airport to any destination in Cancun. Upon exiting the terminal, you will find your driver already waiting for you. As such, private transfers have no delays, luggage restrictions or waiting time fees.
- Public Buses: Bus services at Cancun Airport are provided by ADO and are available every day from the airport to Cancun and beyond. Buses stop at all terminals and go directly to ADO bus stations in different towns. However, they do not go to hotels or make any stops en route. Buses are a convenient means of getting from the airport to Downtown Cancun and to destinations other than hotels.
- Rental Car: Cancun Airport is the biggest car rental hub in Cancun. All international franchises and local companies operate out of Cancun Airport. Rentals are available all day with a confirmed reservation. It is recommended that visitors book their rental in advance before traveling to Cancun. Rates vary, although rental companies do offer great discounts, promotions and additional incentives online.
How Much Will it Cost to Get from Cancun Airport to My Hotel or Resort?
Here is an overview of transportation prices from Cancun Airport:
|Cancun (USD)||Playa del Carmen (USD)||Tulum (USD)|
|Extra Large Van||40||70||73|
How Much is a Taxi from the Airport to Cancun?
A taxi from the Airport to Cancun starts from US $45 for regular fares, and US 24.43 for online fares.
Of course, the actual fare will depend on where you are dropped off in Cancun.
How Much is a Taxi from Cancun Airport to the Hotel Zone?
Regular one-way taxi fares from Cancun Airport to the Hotel Zone start from US $45, while online fares start from US $24.85.
How Much is a Taxi from Cancun Airport to Downtown?
Regular taxi fares to Downtown Cancun from Cancun Airport start from US $45 one-way, while online rates start from US $24.43.
How Do I Get a Taxi From Cancun Airport?
You cannot hail a taxi at the airport in Cancun. Instead, you will need to make a reservation for transportation to your destination. Without a reservation, you will have to pay the local rate rather than the online rate, which in some instances can be 60% less than the regular fare.
Ensure that when you make your reservation you receive a confirmation, as well as pick-up instructions via either email or electronically. You will need your pick-up instructions to ensure that you get in the right vehicle with your assigned driver. Always have the contact details of Cancun Airport on hand in case you need assistance.
Is It Safe to Take Taxi From Cancun Airport?
Yes, it is perfectly safe to take a taxi from Cancun Airport, as long as you take an authorized taxi reserved beforehand.
It is not recommended to take taxis from solicitors outside the arrival terminals. This is because you may get overcharged or not receive services as described.
Moreover, if you paid cash, you may not be able to get your money back, and if you get into an accident, the driver may not be insured.
Can I Take Uber From Cancun Airport?
No, you cannot take an Uber from Cancun Airport. Although Uber services are available in Cancun, it is seemingly impossible to get one from Cancun Airport.
This is because whenever a rider requests for an Uber from Cancun Airport, they always get the same message: “No Cars Available.”
How Much is an Uber from Cancun Airport to the Hotel Zone?
An Uber from Cancun Airport to the Hotel Zone costs about 200 pesos (if you can get one).
Keep in mind that the actual Uber fare may vary due to discounts, geography, traffic delays and peak travel times, among other factors.
How Far is the Beach from Cancun Airport?
The distance from Cancun Airport to the beach is 23.2km.
It takes about 24 minutes to drive from Cancun Airport to the beach via the Punta Nizuc – Cancun road.
What is the Best Transportation from Cancun Airport?
A private transfer provides the best means of transportation from Cancun Airport. Private transfers are the most popular transportation option from Cancun Airport among travelers. This is because they are fast, comfy and provide good value, getting your vacation off to a great start.
It takes over 40 minutes to drive from Cancun Airport to most hotels, depending on where you are staying. Therefore, after a long flight, you want to get to your hotel quickly and comfortably. When you book a private transfer, you will have the driver waiting for you immediately you exit the terminal.
Moreover, private transfers take only you and your group of family or friends. As such, you will not have to wait for other people to board or drop other people off at different hotels, which causes delays that eat into your vacation time. Private transfers will take you to any accommodation in Cancun, with rates for the entire vehicle, rather than per person. To save money, book a round-trip private transfer.