St. James is an upscale destination that is popular with tourists from across the globe. The reason it has been able to maintain its charm throughout the ages is because of its pristine secluded beaches, crystalline waters, and tropical climate.
What Country Is St. James in?
St. James is in Barbados. It is a 21-mile island in the southeastern part of the Caribbean Sea. Barbados is one of the most popular spots for celebrities. It has breathtaking beaches and luxurious accommodations on the island.
Where Is St. James in Barbados?
St. James is on the west coast of Barbados and in the western central part of the island. You can find here the St. James Parish Church, one of the oldest churches in Barbados. Some of the popular spots on the island are also in St. James.
Is St. James on the West Coast of Barbados?
St. James is on the West Coast of Barbados. It is one of the most beautiful and most popular regions on the coast.
You can find here some of the best beaches, fine dining restaurants, old parish, designer shops, and accommodating resorts.
How Far Is St. James, Barbados from Airport?
St. James is about 18 miles (29 km) from the Barbados airport which is the Grantley International Airport. It would take you about one hour and 30 minutes to get there.
You may ride a bus, taxi, or a town car to arrive at St. James. Riding on a bus is cheaper although it may take you some time. If you are not traveling on a budget, you may consider the other options to arrive faster.
Is St. James a Good Area in Barbados?
St. James is a good area in Barbados. It is on the west coast of the island which is more urbanized. You can find here the best beaches on the island. It also has the St. James Parish Church. It is one of the oldest churches in Barbados. St. James offers fine dining restaurants, accommodating hotels, and several golf courses.
What Is St. James Barbados Like?
St. James is the “Platinum Coast” of Barbados. It is on the West Coast of the island and so it has some of the best beaches in Barbados. You can find there Holetown Beach, Sandy Lane Beach, and Paynes Bay Beach.
It also has some of the ideal hotels and resorts that you may consider for your accommodation. You can include the following in your options: Sandy Lane Hotel, The Club Barbados Resort & Spa, The Sandpiper Hotel, and Fairmont Royal Pavilion Resort. You can also spot great restaurants in St. James like Bajan Blue and Nishi Restaurant.
Aside from these, you can go around the designer shops, historical places, and museums in the area.
Is St. James Safe?
St. James is safe. Barbados is generally safe, especially for tourists. The country has had a low crime rate for the past years.
But you must still look after your belongings as petty theft still happens across the island.
What to Do in St. James?
St. James has a lot of popular tourist spots that you can find in Barbados. That is why you have a long list of what to do when you visit this part of the island.
- You can swim and snorkel on the beaches near St. James. If you are lucky enough, you can have the chance to swim with turtles too.
- Located in St. James is the St. James Parish Church. It is one of the historical places on the island. You may want to visit it to get to know about its history and architecture.
- If you are into collecting designer brands, you can consider visiting St. James particularly Limegrove Lifestyle Centre. You can spot designer shops like Burberry and Michael Kors.
- St. James has fine dining restaurants and eateries that can meet your cravings! They offer a variety of cuisines that you can choose from.
- There are places for art lovers in St. James. Tides Gallery is in the area, and you may get to know here the Bajan art and their local artists.